Thursday, December 2, 2010

New resolution for a new year!!

For me, no need to wait until a new year for a new resolution one! My birthday just past (1 Dec), so a date as good as any to start something new (Ahem...*grumble.. resume something old rather.. *cough cough...) Yay!!

I have given my workout a slight paused since March because of house moving (EXCUSES).

Those who know me intimately, knows excuses are my downfall where fitness is concerned. Hence, I have made it a point to not make any...(paused for thought here while composing...am I sure I can keep my own promise?....back after 15 mins.)

*after 15 mins*

Ok leopards can never change its spots, so a pig like me cannot change my snout.. :( BUT!!!!!
BUT!!!

I will give it my best shot! That's all I can do at the moment.. Hey, at least I can own up to my flaws defects lack of determination weak will !!?? Back up a bit.. lack of determi... nope, I retract that.

If you wanna follow me on my journey back to fitness, you are welcome to read up on my progress and tag along. Who knows, maybe I can inspire you to a better lifestyle?? Who knows? But hor, if you injure yourself (BECAUSE) you did not heed all my warnings, before, during and after my postings... don't come looking for me hor. Below are the ABCs of my journey:

Day 1:
(A) Weight: (122kg) *faint.. damn weighing scales got stuck at 118kg and refused to move any further...:( I think I approximate my weight at about 122kg this time around...

(B) Workout diary: I started my first jog/walk this morning to assess my fitness and conditioning. Turns out my stamina wasn't as bad as I thought. It seems most martial artists have a residual stamina that is the direct result of long term training (body's way to letting you get through fights without collapsing on the floor and panting while your enemies are laughing too hard to hurt you too badly). Anyway, back to my workout. Ran about 1.2km and felt my ankles and lower back starting to strain. Probably due to the overly excess weight pressing on my joints.

(C) Diet: Atkins Diet. I advocate this diet because it works. If you don't think it works, keep it to yourself, I don't want to hear about it. Hey, then don't even read this portion of my post and get yourself all riled up for nothing. Move along.... hiak hiak hiak

Detractors and non-belivers gone? Good! Anyway, Atkins Diet is never meant for a long term dietatry plan. Any sort of diet that sticks to one kind of style will only cause you to suffer health problems. We adjust our diet according to how our body best reacts to our lifestyle. But we need a baseline to follow. And baseline being somebody else's idea of a healthy lifestyle, we cannot all be Bruce Lee, rrrriiigghhhttttt??

As my journey progresses, my core values go up, I will adjust accordingly. I will try to faithfully update changes to my baseline diet so anyone following me can understand what I am doing and do it for themselves.

Wah.. I blab alot leh.. anyway, I am off carbs for good for the next couple of weeks. Meats, fish, fruits (YUM!) and soft vegetables (YUCK!!!) are my main meals. Like that lor..

I always advocated fitness = strength, stamina, flexibility and conditioning. These seems to be the 4 core values I have isolated that will result in other motor movements such as speed, reaction timing, power (here I am talking in context of martial arts), recovery time, improved metabolism, etc, stuff that a fit person should be doing better than a couch potato.

For this first few days I will be concentrating on conditioning and flexibility. As for diet, More on these topics as my postings go on.

By the way, I am posting this online as part of my discipline. Also, hopefully it will serve to inspire my peers, students, fellow excuse club members to a better lifestyle.

I guess that is that for this post.

Your most determined one.

No comments: