Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Milk and calcium

Day 14:
Weight: 114kg

Yar I know!! :PP When I went to the scales this morning I did double take.. on my second, third and fourth step up to the scales.. yes, the needle was vibrating firmly over 114kg. hiak hiak hiak!

So that makes about 14 days = 8kg. Not bad.

This means whatever I have been doing, I should keep doing :P.

Ooo I did a stress test on my joints today by hiking about 14km in the morning, well, a leisurely walk along the streets of Fort road, Katong, East Coast then back again. The only thing that was conplaining after the walk was my poor feet (I don't really have good shoes, so they hurt when I jog or walk long distances) and my right knee which was badly injured in the Chronicles of Kar-Tia.

Ah yes, back to my original post... MILK!

Many people overlook the importanec of milk. Unless of course you are lactose in-tolerant! Then my suggestion is you switch to soybean milk, another source of yummy nutrients!! :P

Milk not only gives us calcium, but it has been known to improve muscle gain as well. This is significant in our diet for weight loss as our fitness demands energy conversion which our system is not ready or unwilling to work hard for the conversion.. yet. So when our body is unable to induce enough energy conversion from our fats, they also take from our muscles... OH NOES.... :( But fret not.. milk is the answer to this. As we lose muscle mass as part of the inevitable equation to energy conversion, we are also building them when we take in protein in our diet, so that amino acids are able to build (replace) muscles that have been damaged and build bigger, stronger ones.

Milk however plays a unique and important role, not just that they are also able to replenish muscles as well as our dear friends aminos, but they also help strengthen our bones against calcium loss. For ladies, osteoporosis is a very real danger. You ladies don't want one day having an adventurous kama-sutra position when suddenly... crack.. eeee embaressing to be sent to the A&E in that position lor.... heee

Ok ok, milk milk... Hi-Calcium, Low fat, Hi folate, Skimmed, Cow ones, goat ones..etc etc.. but please lar, don't go fight your puppy or kitten for their morning breakfast hor.. one litre only about 1.30-1.50 nia... cheapskate...

Drink within 1 hour of an intense workout, for best absorption. If you are taking amino acids as well, its the same.

Just don't neglect your regular jogs and adominal workouts, stretches, and pushups. :P I haven't..... Have your scales moved yet? *wink

The determined one.

No comments: