Friday, December 10, 2010

Glossary and link post!!! (Thanks Wikipedia)

Where do I begin this post?

Ah ok, the solid building blocks of fitness, Amino acid. Lets say, these little suckers are able to pack some muscle grooves and lines when I flex, and some in places most people will never see, but I likkkkkkeeeeeee.... heee heeee heeee heee

And of course my main diet is modified Atkins diet, and of course by modified means different people, different needs. (See here for long term Atkins food list). My particular course of diet will always draw detractors, but my answer for them is always the same..don't care, don't need your permission.. lolol.

Sometimes for a kickstart in the mornings, I prefer food with a high GI count, or Glycemic Index. Or just a pick me up, since this fitness plan of mine is not without loopholes, and there are periods in the day when I feel like my body is just not generating enough energy for my activities..

Somedays, I just feel like no matter how much I eat, I am still hungry... sigh.. yeah, those days I really wish I can eat pizzas!!!! Pfft!! For days like that, I need fillers and food which will starve off hunger, fulfil my energy needs, I will go for low GI count. Oh!!! Here's some food facts for you, do you know the protein content of your food?

Not sure where to start planning your eating, try click this link here! :P

If you read somewhere my diet advocated oils and ahem in some cases liver detoxification? LOL, rather than type out and give credit to the author, I much rather give you the direct weblink to the information. (Essential read on omega oils). For myself, I usually stock up on my oils by taking, sardines, tuna, peanuts, cashew nuts, and macademia nuts. Pistachio is my fav!!! but.. have you noticed the carb content of those suckers? :(

Oh oh, when all else fails, and after all our eating, we still fill hungry, here is a little something I will share that fill us up faster while eating less :P

F word lor! (hee hee)

What is (Dietary) Fiber?

Fiber is an indigestible carbohydrate (GASP!). Although fiber doesn’t provide our bodies with energy, it goes along way to help our bodies (Why? because I know so! HA!). There are also two kinds of fiber, soluble and insoluble. Now for a little explanation...

Insoluble fibers are the
indigestible parts of fruits, vegetables, and grains and do not dissolve in water (Ermmm..I do not mean SEEDS hor, please lar.. *slap head*). Soluble fibers are the food components that readily dissolve in water. Erm, not sure what I mean? Those gummy or gel-like characteristics we find in food. Still not sure I also bo bian..lolol... no lar. I so bad meh.. here's a link for further reading. *wink.

So...why is Fiber important?

Fiber improves the body’s handling of glucose and the hormone insulin, (probably by slowing the digestion or absorption of carbohydrate, not too sure here, go check with your doctor.. I am martial artist, not doctor.. lmao), just make sure you eat adequate amounts of fiber, since it may reduce the risk of colon cancer, because..... the insoluble fibers of whole grains, fruits and vegetables speed their way through the colon like a scrub like that.. brush all the bad stuff away lor....

I CAN'T BELIEVE I AM ADVOCATING EATING VEGETABLES....yuck..butt.. eating your veggies can also possibly reduce the risk of atherosclerosis, a build up of plaque on the arteries causing vessel narrowing and heart disease by several mechanisms, namely, stroke and heart attack (I lost a few people in my life due to these 2 killers.. siggghhh). This disease I am scared of... so I will quietly eat my veges.. :(

Soluble fibers may lower blood cholesterol by delaying absorption in the digestive tract. At the same time, fibers are digested by intestinal bacteria to yield small, fat-like products that, when absorbed, may lower low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol or the “bad” cholesterol.

Fiber also promotes feelings of fullness because of its ability to absorb water and swell. When we eat, it also slows the movement of food through the upper digestive tract allowing you to feel fuller longer, also helps to prevent constipation, hemorrhoids, and other "old-man" problems that I might face soon...*moan.

Oh oh, it also keeps my digestive tract toned and healthy by making the "highways"(or "low-ways" lar, whatever you want to call it, bleah) smooth flowing. Big food intake + smooth and fast poopoo ejection
.. I loooooooove it!!!

Wah.. such a long post... getting tired.. going to orh orh now.. lolol.. then maybe repost something related to martial arts.. haven't posted anything on MA for a while liao..

The determined one.

1 comment:

Kifa Tan said...

wowwww! thanks for the links! I hate vegs. but will try incorporating them into my diet cos i don't want heart attack! haa