Saturday, December 4, 2010

First Weekend

Day 3:
Began my day right with alarm going off at 6am. Started my run at about 7.15am. Same distance. Timing for that 1+ klick was something a primary school kid would walk... SIGGGHHH. But then again, I can only improve.. not DE-prove (is there even such a word? hee).

All that weight being pounded when I run, is going to be a big problem in the very forseeable near future on my joints, espcially my knees. It is a nescessary evil for me, because I don't really have access to a swimming pool, don't swim very well (I can pause in the middle of a run and *pant*pant*pant.. when I pause in the middle of a swim *pant*pant*gulg*gulg..). Skipping ropes will come soon enough.. but like my previous postings.. conditioning comes first before you start to abuse your body.

Had some onion soup "wanna be" last night with Pam. Wanna be you said.. yeah, found out we only had a teeny weeny bulb of onion left, so I made, onion. garlic, ginger, cheese and hot spice soup. YUM!! We also had quite a lot of chicken, hotdogs and luncheon meat... hiak hiak hiak.

The best part of this kinda diet is... after all these food, we still find our weight dropping, steadily... but surely. I will post my new weight every week Sunday so to make it easier for my calculations.

Start planning your core exercises. Core exercises are stuff you have easy access to, doesn't require a lot of pre-planning to do daily or almost daily, not expensive, generally, you will really look forward to that activity. My take on fitness and weight loss is as simple as that. You must enjoy what you do. Enjoy what you eat. Don't feel like you are giving anything up (no opportunity costs). But foremost... BE HUMBLE.

Such a big word... such simple meaning. I see people who managed to maintain their fitness and can do wonderful stuff like run 4km without breaking a sweat, eat a whole army's food ration everyday without gaining any weight (BUS-THIRDS!!!!) admirable! :P However, have a heart for people like me. Lazy, slacker, greedy, genetically on the really heavy side. I say all those stuff because I know who I am, what I am, no need to deny, mirrors don't lie. HOWEVER, while I am trying my best to improve myself, I don't really need anyone else's permission to be a better me, or jury of my peers (even worst, sometimes we know it's a jury of inferiors), to pass judgement on our progress.

Hence I say, I have been there, I will return. When I recover from my bout of accidental laziness and overeating, don't run away from me? I see so many people crawling out of the wood works wanting to erm, spar, fight, train, compete etc etc etc. Where were you when I was on top of my game? Oh nevermind, I will be back again real soon, and now that I remember you, I will come looking for you, one thing always gets me going... and keep going to my goal... Pam knows that.. ask her.. Anyway, now that I am pissed, I know how long it takes to get to where I want. See you guys real soon. (~chuckle).

I am trying hard. But I will always remember,

Overtime.. Never overnight.

CJ

No comments: