Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Self doubts

Upon my return to the dojo for my training, I have my eyes set on a final medal... and it has to be a good one, maybe silver, maybe gold? I am not talking about the local tournaments either, I want the one, my ultimate, heck, everyone's final fantasy.. world standard one. But everyone has their doubts..

I am training hard...oh yes I am training twice as hard... I am sacrificing much too, oh yes, twice as much also... I am also not the only one. So the questions in my mind are, who will make it..and when?

Time is not on my side obviously, I am getting old, and the older you get, the harder it is to bounce back, even harder to be the cream of the crop, and hardest to maintain there...

Age affects everything... physical, mental, hell, even your state of welfare (money-wise)...

Dreams gets shattered like a mirror, so difficult to find all the missing pieces and even harder to fix everything back they should be, and a broken mirror never reflect well again...

We talk about speed... power... flexibility... knowledge... health... etc etc... declining, and not increasing... lacking confidence and low morale...

Well my dear friends reading this....

Not I.

Let me give you the number to call: 1800-I-GIVE-A-DAMN.

You must have mistaken me for someone else who gives a damn about all these.
Age: So?
Time: So?
Power: So?
Hea...: So? So? So?

I tell you this...

When the UNSTOPPABLE FORCE meets the IMMOVABLE OBJECT,
Only COMMITTMENT will PREVAIL.

....and if you make me repeat this again I will have to beat you to a pulp...

I will...

...make no mistake about it.

Yours Sincerely,
The Committed One

No comments: