Sunday, February 24, 2008

Blog 2 from Myweightlossdiary.com

- How others see you -

DATE: 12/07/2007 18:04:40 / MOOD: full of life
I have noticed somehow that most of the people around us... especially those whom you are closely related to in one way of the other, be it in a club, social network or maybe just a gathering, they will always, almost give you negative remarks about your efforts to lose weight.
Somehow, I think these people are secretly jealous of our success in losing weight and is psychologically trying to derail us. Yes, that is what I think. They put us down when we are trying to talk about our weight loss program, diet and exercise. They will encourage you to eat when they know full well you are trying to deit. They will entice you passive entertainment when you are trying to put in that extra 10 mins of exercise or calisthenics.
These so called friends are simply worried we will eclipse them when we are fitter and more attractive. They feel good when they are around us simply because we are overweight and don't pose a threat to their ego.
Look around you and ask yourself seriously.. do we really need people like these around when we are fighting the flab?
Personally, I have my fair share if not...maybe more than my fair share of detractors coming from the most un-expected sources, like my own mother and sister. Then there are the jealous peers from my sports club... I have been noticing that the fitter I got, the more insults I am getting from them that "Oh, you are so old already, what if the dieting kills you..".. I mean c'mon already..
But anyway, the point of this entry is not to gripe, but to let you know you are not alone.. What I do when these happens is that I look past their insecurities and just roll with the punches. Smile and shrug thier negative comments and tell yourself.. I AM SUCCEEDING, WHICH IS WHY I AM GETTING ATTENTION... Heh heh heh.. almost always that thought will bring a smile to my face immediate and I feel better already.. Better this than no reaction from people around us at all right? :)
SO, GO OUT THERE AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!! Never let anyone else tell us how we should feel or be, because only one person in this world cares how we should eventually look and feel... that is yourself!
Till the next entry.. out~
Robert

No comments: