Thursday, July 21, 2011

SKA is shut for the next few days

Day 15

Uh oh... SKA is closed for the next few days for washing of mats and for some tournament. Looks like I will have to look for an alternate training place.

Weight: 114kg
Where: Somewhere near Kallang Indoor Stadium
What did I eat: Atkin's

Pam has asked me if I wanted to start a small class at American Club, and I have thinking about running a combat research class there. Problem with this class is that I am not sure how many people will be interested in the class and particularly, if there will be people who are interested in unarmed combat, but not trained in any basic style.  Oh dear...

I find swimming to be most advantageous to improving my breathing and stamina and stretching without tearing my knee joints apart.  Apart from that, being immersed in water, I love the fact my joints are being decompressed.

Next week, if my weight can hit 110kg, I will start PNF stretches and hopefully, that will give me greater mobility and a wider range of exercises I can run through per training session.  Usually, my exercise sessions gets longer as I have to put myself through more and more series of stretches, isometrics, PNF, jogs and sprints, straddle jumps, skipping.. etc etc.  My full set of exercises usually last me about 2.5 hours at SKA working on stamina, endurance and stretching alone, before I hit the weights.  Gosh I miss those times..  but I can sense them coming back very very soon :P

Time for pictorials!!!!!

~CJ

No comments: