Thursday, March 6, 2008

My Body Mechanic

All of you heard of a car mechanic, plumber, electrician, etc, etc, right? I have my own body mechanic. I mean not the "Doctor, I am sick, wanna take my temperature...?" type.. LOL I mean one who actually repairs my body.

Enter Mr. Seow Kwee Yong. He is one of the longest buddy I have met. Coming close to 18 years now I think.. LOL! Anyway, during that time he has made traditional medicine his forte and so now he is quite the man when it comes to TCM at my dojo. I have come to trust his advice on general health matters and most importantly, value his concept on what works and what doesn't in our training.

Anyway, he repairs my battered body from damage. That's the gist of this post. He does it with a combination of cupping, needles and moxibustion. Best of all other than the fact that it worked wonders for my joint pains, ligament sprains, and tendon strains, it doesn't hurt.

My current damage is my shoulders. They hurt like ****! I just had my first needle treatment last night, so I am going to give it a good workout until this Saturday when I will go through moxibustion. More on that to come.

I am not saying this is wonder treatment but if it works for someone like me, who is abusing his body and getting advanced in age (CONTRARY TO BELIEF, I AM NOT EVEN AT MY PEAK YET!), it should send a message that with proper followup and enough rest period, TCM should work for most people.

I forgot to mention he is also a 5th Dan Shitoryu Karateka... did I? LOL

No comments: