Saturday, August 6, 2011

My thoughts on my training so far

Day 31

This week has been fun! I was able to push through every exercise barrier I erected and did more.. yay! It wasn't easy though.. I had to push myself through the mental barriers.

Physically my body was able to cope. Mentally, it was sooo easy to give up, but I chose not to, and push for just that little bit more. Heh.. I am happy with my progress so far.. but I have to confess, it WAS much easier when I was doing this 4 years back...  hope I don't have to go through this again, ageing sucks :(

Right on day 30, I started my gym routine. I have already started focusing on my obliques early this time around, hopefully it will give me a better tummy shape all for vanity sake lol.

Oh oh, got my bones reset on Wednesday. Feeling a lot better in feeling that not all my joints  feel "locked" in place at a certain angle now..  good. This is going to help my come back :P

I have never completed my training in karate. I wonder if this time I can make good and finish up my training? I fear I might have veered too much in to mixed martial arts and is hard to turn back, but I believe I can make the change and stay the course.

This would be my legacy. I have so much in my head and heart to pass on what I have learnt and experienced, but I have no one to pass it on to.

Same issue as the previous time, everytime Mr Wong sees me with a junior talking, he would start getting agitated, and especially when I start giving pointers or coaching them, I can feel the disturbance in the force...   He would be extremely defensive.  Just like the other day, Mindy and Vicky came to training in the middle of my exercise routine... so when I finished my stuff, they were still going at it doing Ura Mashi Geri.

Anyone with a coaching experience and enough skills sitting by the side watching, would be very tempted to butt in and offer a little advice to the training couple.  And so especially me.. My limbs was so itchy watching them train, I wish I was fit enough right now to jump in with them at that moment.. but NO. My time will come. It will come soon.  However, I thought I can offer them a tip of two to improve their training techniques.

Guess what, Mr Wong saw, and he wasn't happy. Trust me la, he has been my teacher and father for over 23 years.. how can I not know his temperament? Staight away I can feel the disturbance in the force.

Why like that leh??? I have been good enough to fight, teach and win medals in my prime for the club, now I have karate leprosy ah?  I can prove it man, I still have the coverted "Instructor" chop on my membership card.. and that was back in the days when me and my gang have to fight every eligible fighter to prove ourselves, every tournament got a few selection tournaments to get to where we want to go HORRRRRRR...

Anyway, I have decided to let fate decide on who I pass on my knowledge to. My 2 kids don't seem too keen on martial arts or karate, so that is out, my juniors all think they can fly, so I can save my breath on them, my batch is equally good if not better, so who can I pass on my knowledge?

I know, I will become better then anyone in SKA or KUS at this point in time. Then I will let nature takes its course and lead me to the person for me to teach, otherwise I will take it to my grave lor.. simple :P  Its karate's loss, not mine :P

To those who like to poke fun at me and "motivate" me through tough love, I appreciate all that you guys have taken the trouble to put me through. I am on my way back to fight fitness, and when I am back on top, I won't forget your kindness, make sure you stick for my thank you. Oh.. just remember, don't kiss my fists. :P

The determined one.
~CJ

No comments: