Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Matsumura no Rohai

The other kata I am training up for my sandan grading is Matsumura no Rohai. This will come under Matsumura Sokon kata. (Video footage will be posted once I get some decent ones)

Problem is there are so many versions I was confused uptil a couple of weeks ago. I guess I am going to stick to my guns and go with my chief's version. He is my chief after all, haa haa.

Anyway, I really think that knowing a kata is one thing, getting to know and apply what we have learnt from the kata is another. I got this from "Kuro Obi". I finally laid my hands on the movie! I will be doing a short review of that show here in my next post.

I will be leaving for KL in a couple more days, gonna accompany my kids up for a short tournament and hopefully we can warm up for our Goju Invitational (8th June) when we get back.

FINALLY! A decent tournament for me to warm up and pick up where I left off so many years ago. 8th June will be the start of my resurrection. I guess if there is anytime to finish my competition career, this last few tournaments will be a good place to end. Hopefully by the end of it all, I have some good memories.. new ones to replace all the old ones.. I am kinda sick talking about the old times... Lets get new ones baby!!!

~~Out

No comments: