Friday, March 23, 2012

Private Challenge Gauntlet

I am the type who likes to prove people wrong...

Before you read on, if you have been reading my previous posts.. you will find this post extremely angry and targetted at a few pompous fools.  They deserve this scathing post because I think they need to realise they better a sleeping tiger does not mean a sick cat :)

This blog and the subsequent postings will be linked and posted on facebook when the appropriate time is right.

What kind of wrong message are we sending across to people who are overweight and trying their best to keep from gaining more?  Over weight people have a problem keeping their weight down because of many reasons.. some due to genetics.. some are due to conditions in their current life situations.

We should always encourage people to excel in what they are good at, and in losing some weight, it is always encouraging to have people cheer you on and encourage you when you lose steam.

When I was fit.. I love encouraging people who are overweight AND trying to lose weight. For those who refuse to lose weight or for some reason of their own, they are not losing even though they are trying, I would often sit down and see if they needed help.. and if they do, help.. if not, encourage them and leave them be.

Too often, I get people who have had some achievement losing weight becoming overly enthuiastic about helping other people lose weight.  Some go overboard to the extend of being arrogant and obnoxious.

Yeah, you know who you are.  No need to brag about your flat abs and superman exercise routine because that is NOT what people who are overweight want to hear about.  They NEED encouragement, not self-righteous, pompous story telling about how YOU lost weight.  Please lah. Keep those stories for yourself, or your blog...  not our ears.

When I was over weight, sometimes all I needed was a gentle reminder about my eating habits by my wife and it would suffice.  She quietly supports my attempts at weight loss even though, I often give myself excuses to stop half-way through.

I have people trying to "teach" me about Atkins diet although they barely know enough themselves. I have people advocating "boot camps" which will make them have flat abs and look good.  I have researched Atkins diet. I know all about boot camps.  They required goal settings, short, medium, and long term goals. Fundamental change in life style. Eating habits must change. Living conditions must change. We need to lose some bad habits AND this being said.. we need to lose some FRIENDS who are not good for us.  OR...  have you people forgotten?  Maybe, you didn't know huh?..  Well, I teach you lor. :)   Since you like to "share" knowledge..  I "share" with you..ok?

These people are bloody missing the damn point!  Running 10 and 12km every day is not the key to fitness. Going to the gym is not the key. Having bootcamp and vanity is not the key.  Its VANITY.

I am taking this personally. This friend of mine insults and thinks too highly of himself just because he does gym and runs 12km daily. He thinks he is macho because he has 6 packs and recently got into shape. He has forgotten he was actually a lumpy and unfit guy I know when I was superfit and I was still really nice and decent to him. Now he likes to think too highly of himself.

Another aquaintance of ours, thinks too highly of herself as well. She assumes she is a good dancer and she has charisma.  LOL. Answer is none of the above. Just because she lost weight PERSONALLY, she makes it an effort to help people lose weight by creating some weight lose group.  For that I applaud her, but the truth be told..and if she was honest enough to herself...  its because of financial gains. Look carefully and you will see :)  Well, she had intended to make use of my wife to help her in a new business she opened recently..  but unfortunately for her, Pamela was smart enough to realise when she is being set up,  So as a husband and wife team, now, we run a fitness studio which a group of like minded people, who are really nice, dedicated and experienced.   Anyway, I digress.  This aquaintance of ours thinks too highly of herself and her so called bootcamp is going to transform lives.

WRONG.  She also missed the point. She has forgotten how she came to lose weight. The fundamental shift, dietary habits, encourangements.. and setting of long term goals. You seriously think bootcamps will help in weight loss???  Or are you just after financial gains again? Except this time, its rather blatant. Oh well.

Anyway. I will throw down a guantlet of my own. 3 months huh?

Simi simi bootcamp ah.. wahh..  your program sure dam power one lar..  got TRX.. got muay thai.. got capoeira..  got zumba..

To my dear fit (zhi-lian)(zhi da) pompous friend...  simi simi 10km, 12km..  wah gym everyday...  wah.. 6 packs ah... wah...

3 months.

I will post a picture before. I will post my progress.  I am not going to do anything a regular person won't do. No TRX. No Zumba. No narcissist training.. (aiyoh... I cannot tahan the guy's eyes.. he looks down at people who are over weight and has changed to sooo obnoxious).. anyway, 3 months later.. no need you come find me to kumite. I WILL FIND YOU anytime.. anywhere my friend. Want to spar right, my fit friend...  3 months..  lai..  try .. try ...  this time I put you into a kimura lock and break your arms..  see if you want to be so hao lian!!

AIYOH.. cannot stand this guy leh..  learn a bit of sports karate only think he can fight.. frog at the bottm of the well.  At least I can get fit. You think you can learn to fight? LOL

Anyways... 3 months. Game on.

CJ

No comments: