Thursday, January 6, 2011

Tearing my hair out

Recently I found another use for my extra Acer PC. I hooked it up to my surround audio speakers, and my flatscreen TV in my living room. Then as I did not have a license for Windows XP, I decided to pop in my Ubuntu 9.10 Live CD and install Linux as my OS.

Well, all went pretty well for the first few run as I have done this before.. but somehow, in the middle of installation, the entire installation process would hang.. grrr..

Must have wasted at least $20 of my electricity bill man.. letting it just hang there in hopes it would somehow miraculously resume installing... HA! ...but then again hor, the harddisk was furiously spinning away during those hang times lor.. I wonder... hmmm

Well, 2 days ago, I decided to redo another install and viola... this time it installed well.. phew. Then as I hooked up to the internet, I realised the new version Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid) was ready for public release.

Did I learn my lesson? N O lor... *facepalm*

Another update install from 9.10 to 10.04 took another 24 hours!! But then.. this time I know well enough to let it do its own background installing EVEN if.. YES.. even if it appears to have stalled for many many hours... LET IT RUN.. eventually it will POP through and complete the upgrade and install process *smirk*

This time however... no WIRELESS connection.. siiiigggghhh... so troublesome one leeehhhh

I searched online for solution.. searched up, find low.. dig under, peeked over.. boh is boh lor.

The solutions posted online, either did not fit my problem description, too complicated or I am just not getting it.

I think I am just not getting it.

So now my Acer pc sits swee swee under my dvd / karaoke, above my subwoofer box, all packed beautifully inside my TV cabinet... with no wireless internet access. I guess no choice.. got to let it be wired lar. But I not happy leh.. what to do?

And.. oooo the weighing scale machine needle moved downwards again today.. yipee.. heh heh

Later going club to swim and steam, and suana. Damn good for getting rid of those lactic acid build up and burn up "YOU" ah!

*bounce *bounce *bounce away

No comments: