Tuesday, July 12, 2016

8 Long Days of Rest

Weight: 101.8kg

Condition: Tired, Stomach cramps, muscle aches, dehydrated

On the 1st day (Tuesday) of Rest my body gave to me:

An old injury involving my right calf. It seized up during my warmup on Tuesday after I was looking forward to a hard workout so I can rest on the following Wednesday which was Hari Raya New Year day...  but, to my dismay I have to pull out of muay thai class almost 5 mins into warmups. Sigh..  the problems of being old with injuries.

On the 2nd day (Wednesday) of Rest my body gave to me:

More signs of muscle fatigue as I continue to stretch my workout muscles in my calf in preparation that I return to fitness and training the following day or maybe even Friday..  but no lor. Sigh..  It is cold and sore.. a sign of over-training. It must have been the Sunday I went hiking with Lauren over 12.3km from our home in Joo Chiat all the way to East Coast then from there to Stadium. It was quite a walk but I loved every minute of it.  It would have been even better if the entire family could have done it together.. soon I hope :) Fingers crossed.

On the 3rd day (Thursday) of Rest my body gave to me:

Same trouble with the leg so no training but I gave it a good workout in terms of stretching (v. important) and of course food intake.. yumms. Did my usual workout with my upper body and abs..  hope it will compensate for my lack of cardio.Sigh.. always happens during my crucial stages whereby I need to up my game.

On the 4th day (Friday) of Rest my body gave to me:

My two kids down with stomach flu. In fact Lauren already kena yesterday but I had to bring her to the doctor and got turned away because it was just past consultation hours..  (Bad daddy.. Badddd daddy).

My youngest one followed suit with bouts of throwing up and tummy aches as well..  no choice.. DOCTORS AT A&E KK Hospital for Children. Sigh..  4.5 hours of wait.. in the end everyone was exhausted..  Luckily nothing big just lots of medicine for everyone~!~

On the 5th day (Saturday) of Rest my body gave to me:

A nice rest day with Pam and kids as we were both up till 6am this morning due to KK's A&E visit. My body is recovering nicely and hopefully Sunday would be a good day to kick start my new routine :)

On the 6th day (Sunday) of Rest my body gave to me:

A fever, stomach cramps and body aches. Sigh. I guess all that late nights, stress and visiting places with germs finally caught up with me and Pam. We both fell ill and Pam got the worst of it by having fever on top of everything else. Guess today's run is off and err..  Monday is a sick day liao?..

On the 7th day (Monday) of Rest my body gave to me:

Yeps! I was right :( Body aches all over. Grrrr..  Rule of thumb I don't train on the day I feel under the weather and the following day as well, due to cardio concerns. I have see, heard, witnessed too many cases where people who are unwell pushed too hard and well, fit as they are..  I am alive and they are not. God rests their souls. :(  Some of them are my friends. :((((

Pam had a really bad fever spike this evening after her SGH class then Zumba class.. she pushed too hard. This wife of mine is a workaholic. Love her la.  Almost had a heart attack when we found her shivering and spiking a 40 degree temp. Rushed with the entire family down to SGH A&E.. and after almost 6 hours there..  (the girls gave up waiting after 4 hours..  well done kids!) we all arrived safely home and Pam is duly rested.

I managed to convince Pam to rest and closed the studio for 2 days under the reason of quarantine. I do not want to spread the this virus to the rest of the people working out here. Unless I want a pending lawsuit...  better safe than sorry. Right?

On the 8th day of (Tuesday) of Rest my body gave to me:

Here I am typing into my blog for the record of all the past 8 days of so called rests and eventful events plus a lot of exciting happenings which did not make it to this blog..  Hopefully it will never make it here...  but you never know!  Everyone seems rested.. the fever have all but subsided..  I managed to sweat it out this morning and resumed my weights training..  hopefully I make it through tomorrow without any incident AND then maybe I can finally resume my exercise and training regime.  Oh and I also happened to meet Sensei Mark Wang. He is a legend in the circle of karate.  I will blog about him at a later date about how he influenced my karate training.

9th day (Wednesday) of Rest calls......

~CJ

No comments: