Friday, September 30, 2011

I miss you my friend

I stumbled across this youtube video today.

順子-星星(I'm not a star)


For a short while I sat there in the approaching evening light caught in a seemingly endless loop of memories of me and my friend Alan.

He was a firecracker of a friend if I ever knew one. He was a hokkien foul language spewing skinny tattooed gangster with a taste for fast cars and quick women. He is absolutely the last person in the world I would ever associate myself with as a good friend. I find in him everything I am not and everything I do not wish to be.

However, I spent almost 8 years of my life including him in almost every aspect of my life. My wedding, the birth of my daughters, setting up a company together, he was there helping out at my grandparent's funerals, (LOL) he advised me when I was buying all my cars (much to Pam's displeasure).

Pam didn't like him very much, well, I don't blame her for that.. nor those around me who questions my wisdom is associating myself with a person "like" Alan.  He wasn't exactly a "nice" guy.

But he was a friend. Most importantly, he was my friend. Ever since I was young, I am not exactly sociable in the friendship department. So I only have a limited number of friends I can call close friends.. people whom willingly associate themselves with me despite my quirks.. I think I can limit those numbers with my fingers and toes combined.

Unfortunately over the years, some went our separate ways, some passed away... some disappeared.  As I listen to these songs, I want to remember my friend Alan the way we used to... laughed and grumbled and aspired.

Whereever you are now my friend... don't drive too fast.


順子- 寫一首歌




CJ

No comments: