Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Chronicles of Ka-Tia! The lingering scent of LCL injury

OMFG. I know knee LCL injuries are hard to heal but.. c'mon! It is taking too d*mn long to heal lor. I tried to sweep a student of mine last night... it was a textbook move, (it was supposed to have knocked his feet from under him and he will fall like NANG KA!), instead it only just destabilised him, and my knee replied with a really sharp pain... well more of a painful twitch but still PAINFUL!

I guess it was only prudent I did not insist to take part in this year's Pesta Sukan Karate Championships, not wise to worsen it at this stage of my life.

I need to fight. I am a fighter. But somehow I find the fire much more difficult to stoke as time moves on.. perhaps I am picking my fights now as opposed to looking for fights when I was younger...

Fighting comes from all aspects of our lives, fighting with our love ones, in your office, at the wet market with the "aunties" and "uncles", in the bus with the "aunties" and "uncles", and the MRT with the "aunties" and "uncles" (..heey..don't they look familiar??...hmm...)...

I think a person's fighting style reflects his life..

I dread the day will come when I am faced with an altercation with another person or a group of people (if they are wise, they WILL come with PEOPLE, if he comes with HIMSELF...., well anyway I digress.. LOL

....I wonder if I am fighting for my life, will my knee injury matter? or does it mean I will avoid fights simply because I have to protect myself... hmm.. (we fight because we feel the need to protect something...)**

**Don't start with your philosophy about fighting is not good, it doesn't prove anything...blah blah blah...**

..ahem.. I think no one in their right mind will ever want to fight, while those who decide to pick a fight or respond to a fight provocation can only have one thing on their mind, ANGER.

So I fight without a sense of anger, this way I can maintain control over my opponent(s), but when I strike...it will be filled all my pentup frustration, anger, emotions, etc etc, anything you can pack into a punch/kick... make sense to you?? hmm...you should pick a fight with me just to find out... wahahahaha

~outz

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A fully trained exponent is capable of generating tremendous force when his fist, open hand, forearm, elbow, knee or foot strikess a target. In order to protect himself from the possible injury while practicing such strikes, the exponent must toughen his anatomical weapons.

From VernaMan.

Anonymous said...

Karate and Jap words do not scare the living craps out of me. But an martial exponent who is capable of easily inflict extensive damaged on the assailant, even to the point of completely breaking the large bones of the latter's arms or legs with a single blow. Such drastic measures, however are reluctantly taken by a exponent only if he fails to subdue an assailant by some less injurious means. That would really scare the living craps of of me.

From: Vernaman

Sim Chong Jin said...

Vernaman,

You are right you know... Basically a lot of camps have plenty of school of thoughts...

I have met lots who can hit much harder then me..

A lot of them have exactly the same thoughts as you as well...

unfortunately, when the hard hitters came, erm... They could find their target.. well, i guess you can hit like a truck... first, you gotta make the target stay still for ya.. but when it does, you can imagine, you are probably still yourself, and well, your target will be in a position to hit and run, you are not...

a truck can kill, but can't hit what you can't see right?